3. 推薦函3封（可由推薦人郵遞或由e-mail PDF檔方式寄至本系教師遴選委員會召集人）
Faculty Position in Department of Mechanical Engineering
National Cheng Kung University (NCKU)
Established in 1931 as a prominent national university at Tainan city of Taiwan, NCKU has been ranked #22 for Engineering subject (U.S. News-Education) and #51–100 for Engineering-Mechanical subject (QS) in global universities. The Department of Mechanical Engineering at NCKU invites applications for twotenure-track faculty positions (assistant, associate or full professor). Appointments are to commence on February 1, 2018. Applications are welcome from individuals with research experience in two traditionalareasof mechanical engineering, i.e., thermo-fluidsand manufacturing technologies and material sciences; but preference will be given to the following areas: green energy engineering, intelligent machines, photonics/semiconductors and nanotechnology and advanced manufacturing (e.g. additive manufacturing and micro/nano-manufacturing, bio-manufacturing engineering etc.),
Ideas and experience in innovative teaching will be an asset, while a strong research track record commensurate with the rank of appointment is essential. The successful candidates will be required to teach and supervise students at both undergraduate and graduate levels, and establish a strong, externally-funded research program. Thecandidate must have a PhD in Mechanical Engineering or a closely-related field. Candidates shouldhave a demonstrated track record of technical, academic (excellence, or promise of excellence, in teaching and scholarly research) and professional achievement appropriate to the level of their appointment. Eligiblesuccessful applicants will be assisted in the application of a bonus award offered by the Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan.
If interested, a complete application should include:
1. A cover letter clearly indicating the rankand area for which the candidate wishes to be considered;
2. A detailed curriculum vita highlighting career achievements, areas of research, teaching experience, list of publications and awards/honors, as well as research grants and students supervised (the last two items are especially important for the Associate or Full Professor position);
3. Three reference letters (or sent by referee via regular mail or e-mail in PDF formatto Chairman of the Search Committee);
4. A copy of doctoral degree certificate, or a letter stating the expected graduation date with the signature of the applicant’s thesis advisor;
5. Transcripts or academic records of both undergraduate and graduate studies (optional for applicants of Associate or Full professor position);
6. A statement of teaching interests with course outlines;
7. A statement of research plans detailing the intended projects to be pursued, envisioned resources, and external funding ideas to allow executing the research plans (maximum 3 pages).
8. Other materials that help demonstrate the applicant’s accomplishments (such as certificates of awards, patents, etc.)
Theapplicationpackage should be sent in PDF format by e-mailto Prof.I-Ling Chang,Chairman of the Search Committeebefore Oct.10th, 2017(Taiwan local time). The aforementioned application materials should also be sent by regular mailat the address listed belowpostmarked by Oct. 10th.
Please send all correspondence to:
Prof. I-Ling Chang
Department of Mechanical Engineering
National Cheng Kung University
Tainan, Taiwan 70101
Phone: 886-6-2757575 ext. 62109(Contact Ms. Ko)
TEC - HN